Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's Ava Up To These Days?

Just a little Ava update, at almost 27 months old:

Stats.....

Height: she HAS to be over 36 inches, was 34.5 at her 2 year well visit, but she has totally shot up!

Weight: 26 lbs. 2 oz last week, so I'd say mid 26 lbs. this week w/ her appetite back.


Favorites....

Song: B-I-N-G-O, Bingo was his Name-O

Food: Chicken tenders and of course, french fries or mashed potatoes

Snack: TLC Cherry Dark Chocolate Granola Bars

Vegetable: Broccoli

Fruit: Grapes and Blueberries

Drink: Lemonade

Bedtime Story: The 3 Little Pigs and Ava and Pony in Sweet Treat World

Character: Any of the Wonder Pets!

Book: My Little Animal Book. She LOVES any animal book!

Color: Blue

Clothing item: Simple, easy sundresses

Activity: Playing pretend. She'll pretend like she is "Ms. Carey" and play the guitar and give Daddy and I roles to play. Anything, playing baby, playing dress-up, playing ballerina, playing cars (complete w/ 'vrooooom' sound effects)

Animal: Giraffe

Lullaby: Hush Little Baby and likes to be rocked like a baby.


Stories......

She tells me she wants to be a big sister. Could it be because all of her friends are becoming big sisters or brothers? Also could explain her interest in having a baby in her tummy.

She told me today that she wants to go to school. She is enrolled to start preschool in the fall.

Ava is no longer wearing diapers and tells me (mostly at home) when she has to go pee-pee and poo-poo. She's wearing big girl panties all day and pull-ups during naps and bedtime. She has taken a child-led approach and I'm just trying to do what I can and figure this whole thing out. When her diapers ran out last week, I said, "Uh oh, what are we going to do? You don't have any more diapers?" She got so excited and yelled "big girl panties!". We had a small celebration and having a Dora balloon solidified for her that she was a big girl. She still has accidents a few times a week, but it's to be expected I suppose.

When Ava is playing with cards, either memory cards or the touch and feel flash cards from when she was a baby, she'll lay them all out and sort them. I watch her sort them into piles of "animals", "food", and "transportation" (she doesn't say this one, but puts the car and the fire truck into the same pile.)

Ava is getting so good at letting us really get into her mouth while brushing her teeth. We like to pretend that different characters are in there we are brushing them. She thinks of some crazy ones, Curious George, Ming-ming, and Grover, to name a few.


Ava-isms.....

Piggy Bank = the bank (i.e. Where are we goin mommy, the piggy bank?)

Seat Belt = a regular ole belt

Nook! = Look!

Peshal Teat = special treat

Bicycle = Tricycle

Eagle = Any bird soaring in the sky


Schedule.....

Awake around 7:00-7:30 am

Nap 12:30-1:00 pm (1.5 to 2.5 hours)

Night Night around 7:30-8:00 pm (sleeps an average of about 11 hours at night)

Tuesdays: Music class

Wednesday: Gymnastics

Thursdays: Playdate of some kind

Fridays: Mommy and Ava do something together day


Sayings:

"I just can't figure it out!" (hand on head and everything, oh the drama)

"Keep trying, keep trying, don't give up" (from Yo Gabba Gabba)

"Hmmm, let's see...."

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

What a great post! I had wanted to start something like this with the new baby but this is even better! Great way to remember the every day moments.

beth said...

What a great list and way to keep track of how she is growing.