Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oh, the things they say.

The fam was in the car on our way home from lunch, when we stopped at a red light. Ava looks out her window and says:

"Who is collectin' money this time?"

Yes, pan-handlers are on every corner here.

===================================

Another day the family was in the car, on our way home and daddy says that we are going home to Boo and Goose's (our cats) house.

Ava says:

"Nooooo, daddy, it's not boo and goose's home, it's mommy and daddy and ava's home."

You're right, sister.

====================================

Ava decided that she needed a new watch as part of her school supplies. In the car, we discussed what a big girl watch it was and how important it was to take care of it. When we got home she found the instruction manual.

"I read the directions. Okay, it says that we need to be very gentle and be safe"

=====================================

Yesterday when I was leaning over to wish Aves sweet dreams at night night time, typical, serious Ava softly stroked my hair and asked me, "What is hair made of?"

I have GOT to start brushing up on my replies, as this left me a bit dumb-founded. I didn't realize they got so smart so soon.

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Ava stories make my day!

beth said...

She is such a smartie! Love hearing her quotes and comments.