Thursday, August 27, 2009

What I love about Ava at 2 years, 5 months

(almost 2 1/2 years old...eeeeek!)

1. I love hearing words like "recognize", "regular" and "adorable" in her sentences.

2. I love her imagination. I know I've said it before, but her imagination just keeps getting more incredible day by day. She has us acting out books and stories, assigning roles for mommy and daddy. Last night daddy was the big hungry bear and Ava and mommy were the little mice eating the big juicy strawberry. All under the direction of Miss Aves.

3. I love her memory. She is remembering things that took place almost a year ago. These are not events that we've even so much as talked about. The other day she found a picture of her friend Mia in a ball pit. She said, "You member when we were at Elmo's house? We didn't like Elmo." Um, yes I do. The picture was taken at an event at My Gym when we took Mia and they had a larger than life-size Elmo come out and the girls flipped (not in a good way). Anyway, I don't know how she remembered that, as we haven't talked about it.

4. I love that she insists on a hug after we give her kisses.

5. I love her personality. It can be a little frustrating when the ornery side emerges, but she has such a mind of her own and I'm trying to do my part to facilitate that. I know she'll use that same instigating personality trait to do great things.

6. I love her hair. It's still blonde and getting longer and can now be styled into true ponytails. I've been waiting a very long time for this.

7. I love how much she loves to cook. She literally helps me every day with cooking something. It has become a personal challenge to find a way to incorporate her help into something I'm doing because she gets so much joy out of it.

8. I love her independence. If she needs a spoon, she knows where to go. If she needs to use the potty, she knows where to go. She doesn't have to ask, she can just do it herself. Something she initiated.

9. I love listening to her say a prayer. "Dear God, thank you for mommies, daddies, big boys, girls, pillows and toys", she'll say. When we lay together at night we talk about what we are thankful for and she incorporates that into prayer. It's really neat.

10. I love that one day she wants to be a ballerina when she gets older and the next she wants to be a kitty cat.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi- I just had a friend from my twins/triplet group ask about about personalized board books, so I sent her your MAMP homepage. I sent it to the entire multiples group, too, because that gives you exposure to at least 300 families. Then I saw y'all were closed for maternity leave- oops. Anyway, let me know when you are up and running again. There are two huge multiple sales a year (next one Sept. 12) and the club is always looking for good vendors if you are interested.
Andrea