Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Little Alone Time

And a lot of imagination!

I had to go into Ava's room the other night to check on her as I could still hear her up. I knew to expect a tornado of sorts because she is going hog-wild with this new big girl bed freedom that she has.

I gently moved the step-stool away from the center of the room and Aves immediately yelled, (with a winter hat on no doubt) "Nooooo, that's my stage (tage, as she says)!" I look around and see all of her animals and baby dolls sitting around as if they are watching. "I am the teacher and my animals are watching me". LOL!!

Mommy likes this new transition also because it really gives Ava an outlet to independently play and take her imagination to a whole new level. I can remember playing in my bed as a little girl too.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Does she play with just a night light on? Just curious.. because Hannah's room is still pretty dark with just her night light. Love the imagination Ava! A teacher already Meghan... hmmm!