Monday, March 30, 2009

Enjoying a Spring Morning

One of Ava's favorite Friday hot spots includes going to the duck pond, usually followed by story time at the Wells Branch Library since it's so close. This was such a lovely spring morning. While we are there she just loves to explore and feed the ducks. I usually hang out a step or two behind her (except for when I'm in her face snapping pictures, lol) while she does her own thing, makes observations and asks question after question. It is a great time and place for just the two of us.

I love this picture of her walking alongside the water looking for anything and everything to pick up and observe. It's serious business.
She is getting really good at throwing the bread right in front of the ducks.

Taking a rest on a rock.

A brave girl feeding some brave ducks. I guess when the duck bit her finger when she was a baby, it didn't traumatize her after all.

I just love this little neighborhood park. I thought this picture captured the pond perfectly, a little girl exploring, a mother pushing her baby in a stroller and a little elderly lady sitting on the bench while watching her husband fish.
Ava telling the lady on the bench all about the duck on the wall. Ava thought this was hilarious. After all, it IS a duck on a wall, how silly is that?!

She was mesmerized by the elderly woman. It was so sweet, they were both in awe.

4 comments:

beth said...

That looks like a beautiful park. You got some really great pictures too!

Kate said...

wonderful pictures!! Love the trees in the park! BEAUTIFUL!

SpunkyToes said...

I wish we had something like that. Looks like a lot of fun and a great place to make memories.

Hannah said...

Feeding ducks is so fun! Love the serious look Aves! You remind me of me so much! We just can't let a thing slip by us.. can we?! So great!