However, this silence seemed a bit different. I could feel something wasn't quite right. I stopped my cleaning and looked over to see her little back to me, head down, concentrating on something. As I got closer I realized that she had a BLACK PERMANENT marker and was drawing on herself. I can't believe I'm going to say this but the first thing that came to mind was thank goodness she didn't decide to do a masterpiece on the walls or furniture! I can handle bodies. I calmly (after a few breaths) explained that this is a special kind of marker that stains and she does not need to use it. We have markers for Ava, I said. If you want to draw, just tell me.
You can tell by the second pic how sad of a moment this was for all involved. I was trying so hard not to laugh at her face when I told her I needed to take a picture of it to show daddy when he got home. She was not happy about daddy seeing it.
He walked in the door and she immediately said, "daddy happy?" Since he already knew about it, he had to do his best to act disappointed and not laugh.
5 comments:
Oh my, your little artist! So, funny! I mean, now it is!! :)
You had the same first reaction that I would have!
One of my good friends did this when she was little...but drew on her baby brother's face with perm. marker!
Toothpaste & water on a wash cloth!! That's the remedy for Sharpie on skin! LOL!! It bubbles up just like soap and takes it right off! My sis in-law had to google it after Cooper got ahold of one at age 2 and covered the tops of his thighs with it!
"THANK GOODNESS it wasn't the walls or furniture!" LOL My FIRST thoughts too!!
Thanks for the reminder...I'm off to get the sharpie that was left in my bag after our trip to the post office last week!
tee hee! YEs, good thing your walls were spared! YIKES!!
Markers + skin = FUN!! Ethan has had a few mishaps of his own...the worst is going out in public with them. You can only hope that everyone else who sees you had been there at some point and can at least understand :)
Post a Comment