This morning was one of those perfect days with Ava. She woke up around 7:30 this morning and we did our morning ritual of laying in mommy and daddy's bed and watching Sesame Street or whatever is up to her liking that day. This morning we actually ate Cheerios in bed straight out of the box at Ava's request to "eat them like a big girl". I don't know why she thinks this is how big girls eat Cheerios, who knows.
Then we showered where she loves to "wash" the shower and herself w/ mommy's shaving cream. Our shower discussion included asking her what she wanted to do today and she wanted to go to the "pet tore". (store)
Next we packed a picnic and headed to Starbuck's so Mommy could get a Frappacino and Ava a milk. Before we got in the car, it started to drizzle. So much for an outdoor picnic, mommy should really check the weather more often. Ava HAD to play in it. So after about 10 minutes I didn't want her to be too soaked, we loaded into the car and headed off.
Got our Starbuck's and went to Petco at the recommendation of Aunt Jill. We usually hit up PetSmart, but a new Petco opened and she said cousins Abby and Emmy really liked it because of the child-size carts there. Sure enough, those were a hit with Aves. And we got to see everything from ferrets to turtles and geckos to rats (yuck!). Ava was loving it. I had planned to try to make it to story time at the library, but she didn't want to leave the Pet store.
Once I persuaded her to "buy" her item and get back in the car we headed home to have our indoor picnic. Only, once she stepped foot out of the car, she saw rain puddles. So we strapped on the new rain boots (see previous post) and played in the rain puddles for just short of an HOUR! No doubt it took about 15 minutes for the boots to come off and for her to sit in the puddles only to insist on getting "nakey", but I did insist on her keeping her clothes on if nothing else. She obliged.
Then we had our indoor picnic; pb&j, goldfish, watermelon and raspberries. She wanted to "talk about my party", which is her conversation of choice these days. And so we did.
I am so amazed by my little girl. I catch myself just staring at her and wondering if anything so perfect has ever existed. She is the cutest thing in the whole world and I can't believe how fortunate I am to be able to experience perfect days like these. Absolutely. Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment