Setting: Ava's crib. 2:00 o'clock a.m. on the dot.
Mommy awakes to a cry unlike any other and goes to check on Ava.
Ava: "I scared, mommy".
Mommy: immediately picks Ava up "Oh no, what scared you?"
Ava: "The butterflies are bothering me."
Mommy: "Did you have a bad dream."
Ava: lays her head on mommy's shoulder "uh-huh".
Umm, this conversation left me heartbroken. Go away butterflies, stop doing whatever you're doing to my baby girl in her dreams!
Ava has been really interested in feelings and emotions for awhile and it was so surreal to hear her articulate to me what she was feeling and vividly (as much as toddler's can) describe why.
She slept with mommy and daddy for the rest of the night.
5 comments:
Oh - how sweet AND sad!
Oh no! Not bad dreams for our precious baby girls! I am forewarned!
Awww...poor Ava, Branson has started with this recently screaming "Mommy" and then once I get to him I see that he is screaming in his sleep. If and when he wakes up he can tell me "I scared Mommy"...Heart breaking:P Well I know we will get rid of the butterflies and all the other scary dreams hopefully sooner than later!!
such a sweetheart -- we'll chase the butterflies away too!
Aww, that is so sad for poor Ava.
Post a Comment