Friday, December 19, 2008

Sitting With Santa THIS Year

Don't laugh too hard. Despite the over-exaggarated smiles on Ryan's and my faces, it was a rough experience. Although not one that was super surprising. You see, we had tried to see Santa earlier this month at our friend's Carissa and Charlotte's friend's French Litigation Museum and Ava was having NONE of him. I didn't push it because I knew I wanted to try again.

We hyped him up.... talked, sang, watched, listened, everything SANTA for the past month. She was never thrilled about seeing him since her first encounter, but she would talk about sitting on his lap. Well, the moment she saw him, she clung to daddy and said "door". Mommy tried to show her how friendly Santa is by sitting on his lap herself. Santa insisted Daddy come over as well and well, there you have it. What was supposed to be a peaceful Ava sitting on Santa's lap with awe and glee, turned out to be a family portrait with Mommy and Daddy smiling as happy as can be and a VERY upset little girl.

Oh Well, there's always next year.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL!!!

Kelly said...

I only laugh because I've been there!! for 3 years in a row!!!! We had a hard time convincing either boy this year. All of Drew's santa's pics (except 1st one) he's crying! Great memories though!!

beth said...

Great picture! I love that both of you had to be in it with her as well! It will be good for the memories.

Sisters Lose 100 said...

All I can do is smile:) That's too cute!! Merry Christmas Meghan and fam!

Hannah said...

So classic!