Monday, December 15, 2008

A cute story

Well, we've been sick over here for the past week and still can't shake it. Hopefully we are nearing the end soon.

A few nights ago, Ava woke up 3 times in a matter of a couple of hours, so when settled her into bed with us. She had a slight fever and we all know the best medicine for being sick is to sleep with mommy and daddy.

So we're laying there and she's on her tummy all huddled up and I notice that she is ever-so-slightly rocking back and forth. (I do this still to this day). But she was singing along with it. It took me a second to hear what she was singing but it was obviously a song she knows from music class. It's a song to that you sing in rounds and we pretend we are on a boat or canoe b/c the song talks about paddles. In class we move back and forth like in a boat and use our paddles. So she is laying there going back and forth singing "dip, dip and swing" "dip, dip and swing", which is one of the rounds of the song. It was so cute and random! We don't listen to that one much (it's not one of my personal faves and since I'm the dj in the car, well, it only comes on every once in awhile).

But she was singing and singing until I joined in with the other round and there we were, rowing in bed in the middle of the night.

She then woke up singing her ABC's. She is all about singing, this girl.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

that is so sweet! I just love when Drew sleeps with us (on Fridays) and cuddles. He's not much of a singer, but is a great snuggle bug! Hope you guys feel better soon!

4Hoffman's said...

That's so sweet! Hope you all are well soon!