Friday, December 12, 2008

10 things I LOVE about Ava at 21 months

Oh my, she is just delicious this month, such a little girl!

1. I love when she grabs her purse or bag and steers her grocery cart to the grocery store (or so she pretends). "Bye-bye" she calls out, "get eggs."

2. I love her pretend play. I think I've written about it before but it is getting much more imaginative and cute! Anything from cooking, setting up, and eating an entire fake meal with me, complete with "yummm, yummm, gooooood broccoli".

3. I love her sense of humor! Oh my goodness, it makes me laugh out loud. The other day she was eating a rice cake and a chunk of it got stuck on her top lip. She saw herself in the oven door's reflection and said, "ho, ho, ho".

4. I love her opinions. I was lying on the couch the other day with a blanket and this clearly was not something I should have been doing according to her. "No tired" she exclaimed, as she pulled the blanket off of me.

5. I love her sense of adventure. My oh my, she is a brave one. The way she fully JUMPS on the bed with no fear, meanwhile Ryan and I are about to have a heart attack, or the way she jumps off the couch head first into a pile of pillows. We fully expect to visit the emergency room here shortly.

6. I love that she is starting to take note of things that are sweet. She saw some baby animals in a book the other day and said, "Awwww".

7. I love her understanding of some emotions. She is starting to understand when she feels happy, sad, angry, silly and excited. What was it the other day? I can't remember what made her excited, but she literally bounced up and down and told me "Ava excited!"

8. I love that she sings songs with me. We were walking out of the store the other day and I was just casually singing "You are My Sunshine" as we walked through the parking lot and low and behold, she was singing right along with me! We sang it again for daddy that night. Some other favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle", "ABC's", "I Love You (Barney)" and "Happy and You Know It".

9. I love it when she talks in 3rd person. It might not be gramatically correct or something that bugs other parents (b/c Elmo does it) but it is developmental and I LOVE it! Her current trademark is "Ava do it!"

10. I love when we do something during the day that obviously makes an impact on her and she says "Daddy all about it". She wants to tell Daddy all about what happened. It's mostly when she rides the horses (mini carousel) at the grocery store or when we go to the park. She can't wait for daddy to get home so she can tell him all about.

I love that it took me no time at all to compile this list because there are so many wonderful that I love about Ava right now and always.

No comments: