Saturday, December 11, 2010

Merry Main Street Festival

So I had somewhat of an epiphany last weekend at our little town's festival of lights. While our town isn't technically "little" by standards of its' population, 100K, it is really quite quaint. And in terms of area and getting places and having everything you need, it's all right here. Our decision to move was very well thought out and planned. We loved what Frisco had to offer in terms of family living, youth activities, ammenities, education and just an overall small town feel. And if you know me, you know I'll dive right in to all the activities that are offered and we have been so grateful to see so much that Frisco has to offer. So what was my epiphany and why did occur during a lighting festival?

We belong in Frisco. As I was looking around, seeing all the lights, the people, the effort that went into the event and the area itself, I had a brief insight into the reality that we up and moved, which was so hard to do as we loved our Austin home/family/friends, it dawned on me that we have now found a new place that we call home. And it feels like home now.

During our Merry Main Street experience, I felt an overwhelming sense of joy. Maybe it was seeing the twinkle in Ava's eyes or having the family together on such a cold, festive night, but I was warm with a feeling of satisfaction and contentment that we made the right move. It was just a great feeling and one that I wanted to share.

I like that we already see people we know when we do stuff like this or go to the store or the mall, etc. I love our neighbors and our neighborhood. It's just what we wanted, just so us.

Anyway, last weekend it was FREEZING and we braved it for the lighting of the Christmas tree in downtown Frisco. I just love that "downtown" isn't skyscrapers, traffic, ginormous, etc. (That's such a personal thing, but for me personally, that's what I needed in a town)It's just a few miles from us and it's so cozy and cute!

Both kids did GREAT and Ryan and I had so much fun seeing Ava have so much fun (Griffin had fun looking around too, but he had to stay warm cuddled up in his carseat so he didn't get to get out much) seeing Santa, seeing the reindeer, meeting firemen, seeing the tree, drinking hot cocoa, eating popcorn, the lights....it was just so cool!

Okay, enough tooting my own horn, thanks for letting me get that out.....































2 comments:

Kelly said...

love it! I love quaint little towns too! ;)

4Hoffman's said...

that looks like fun!! we're going to have to check that out next year!!