Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Green Christmas Eve

A poem for my babies on Christmas Eve 2010. Merry 1st Christmas, Griffin. May the magic of the season always fill you with joy, just as it does me.


Twas the night before Christmas, when all through our home
Not a child was stirring, though soon a baby will moan.
We hung the stockings by the fireplace with such care,
Some little peepers have been caught wondering what's in there.

My babies are nestled all snug in their beds,
While coming off a sugar high, still spinning in their heads.
And mamma in her jammies, and daddy in his socks,
Have just finished wrapping our very last box.


Sitting here hoping that this Christmas is sweet,
Though I know by the big smiles and the dance of happy feet.
This eve Ava told me, "mom, this is the best Christmas ever",
As we made delicious treats and sang songs that were clever.

So much hype and excitement going into this day,
All the lights, all the goodies, all the charades.
My sweet children just happy to sit down with the fam,
Reading books together like "You can do it, Sam."

I love quality time with my family and friends,
it makes me so grateful for the time that we spend.
Baby Griff is nothing but smiles and grins,
And darling Ava is a breath of fresh air like the wind.

So on this magical night when all is quiet,
I'll take it for now, but look forward to the morning riot.
I am so lucky, so blessed in this life that I live,
A wonderful hubby and two babies that I've been given.

Let the magic begin when we awake in the morn,
Because Mr. Santa Claus has visited and we will adorn
All that he gave. But in the end what is best,
I'm living this life with my family in our nest.


I love you Daddy, Ava and Griffin! Merry Christmas 2010

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Merry Christmas!