Friday, October 9, 2009

So much to love at 2 years, 7 months

1. I love when you say a long, drawn-out "Thaaaaaaank You!" when you get something. It sounds awfully similar to how I say it.

2. I love when you create something out of nothing. A chalkboard eraser, some sequins, and some candles quickly become a birthday cake.

3. I love hearing you shout for the neighborhood stray cat when we go outside, "Captain Daaaaack!" (Jack)

4. I love when you respond to me when I say "You're the sweetest girl in the whole world", you'll say, "You're the sweetest mommy" (Boy, do I wish that was true).

5. I love when you hear daddy come home from work that you run and hide from him behind the couch cushions every single time. And what's more, I love how daddy acts so surprised every single time. You two are the cutest!

6. I love when you talk to "big kids" at the playground. You think you are their age and just chat it up with them. More times than not they'll appease you and chat right back. This makes you so happy. We still have to work on that personal space issue.

7. I love how wonderfully you talk. The other day you posed a thought that had a stranger come up to me and ask me how old you were because she couldn't believe how well you talked. It went something like this, "Hmm, I wonder why their are cows on the ceiling? Probably because the cow is going to come visit me and give me hugs and high fives. I liked when the cow gave me high fives. At first I was shy and then I gave him a high five. You 'member when the cow came and gave me high fives?"

8. I still love your hugs and kisses and now "I love you to the crescent moon and back" out of nowhere.

9. I love your daily itineraries and following your lead. On our free days, Wednesdays and Fridays, you'll tell me what you want to do. Some days you want to just stay home and do "arts and crafts" or "experiments" and some days you want to go to the pet store, book store, or park.

10. I loved watching you enjoy a performance this morning by Stacy Gray. At first you were a bit reserved, but quickly warmed up, and started singing dancing and bouncing up and down. I loved it so much because you reminded me of ME!

No comments: