Aves was up last night and ended up sleeping with us....don't ask. But, after the 3rd failed attempt of mommy trying to put her down in her own bed, daddy went it to get her to bring her in bed with us. Only, Ava was specifically asking for "mommy come get you, mommy come get Ava", but it was daddy's turn, and she did NOT like it!
In a matter of 15 seconds, I kid you not, she had worked herself into such a tizzy that it took her almost 15 minutes to calm down and breathe normal. All because she wanted mommy to come pick her up.
So as I held her in bed and rubbed her back, her fit was dying down. And here is our conversation:
Mommy: "It's okay, mommy's here." ::rubs her back::
Ava: "Mommy's here."
Mommy: "Yes, remember that both mommy and daddy can come get you."
Ava: "Mommy snuggle."
Mommy: "Okay, but first, promise me that mommy and daddy will get an invite to the Oscar's when you win one day (for her dramatic performances)."
Ava: "Yeah."
Mommy: ::hmmm, wondering how she was so agreeable to going to the Oscar's when she has no idea what they are::
Silence for a moment
Ava: "And go to Elmo's too. And Cookie Monster too. And Big Bird."
Mommy: ::laughing because it's THAT Oscar!:: "Oh yes, and we'll see all of them too."
9 comments:
Bwaaahahahaha! I love Ava!!
so cute!! THAT oscar!!!
Drew is the same way with me still! He wants nothing to do with Daddy and usually only Mommy can make things better!
I just love Ava stories!!
How cute is she?!?
I don't usually laugh out loud when I am sitting alone reading but really that is the funnest thingI have ever heard in MY LIFE!
Too cute!!
I love Ava stories! Adorable!
That is HYSTERICAL!! Thank you for that, I really needed it this morning!
That is too funny!!! The mind of a 22 month old!!! So glad you are blogging to remember such precious stories!!!
Post a Comment