Monday, November 17, 2008

Molars, Molars, Molars

So it's fair to say that whenever my child (and other children whose moms I've talked to) isn't acting quite like the angel that I'm used to (wink, wink) or does something so unlike her, we can blame it on teething, right?

Well, fortunately (and unfortunately) we've made it past all 16 teeth as Ava teeths very fast from getting the tooth, to it breaking through all the way until she has a whole tooth takes a matter of weeks....seriously.

So when Ava started showing all the signs of teething a few MONTHS ago, I just didn't think it was possible that she could be getting her TWO YEAR molars already. I googled, I read, I asked. I came to the conclusion that yes, it is in fact possible, as there is no way to explain teeth. As with almost anything, it just depends on the child and is different from one child to the next.

Well, I'm happy to say (I'll explain why I'm HAPPY that she is getting these teeth) that she FINALLY cut her first bottom two-year molar this month, 20 months old. She has been drooling, cranky (see, that's where you can blame teeth), gnawing on her fingers and her naps are 'hit or miss'. All the signs that point to teething. I tried to tell Ryan this a few months ago and he casually dismissed it and said "You always say it's teething".

Not ALWAYS, but when you have these signs, you can't argue with the fact that some teeth are a coming.

That's why I'm happy to say that Ava is getting her two year molars. Eventhough it is pretty rough on all of us, I'm happy that I could say to Ryan, "I told you so".

Sorry, Aves, mommy will bask in her glory of being right, yet again, at the expense of your teething pain. Here's to hoping they all come on through as effortlessly and painlessly as possible.

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Already? Hope they come in very, very soon.