Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 Things I LOVE about Ava at 20 Months

1. I love that she has a FULL BLOWN memory now. She'll recall things that happened months ago, at random times, when they remind her of what it was that she experienced. For example, we were driving down the street the other day and she saw some apartments out the window. She said "BG's house". BG is her great grandmother (Gigi's mom) and they visited her there ONCE in early Sept.

2. I love to see her creative juices flowing. She found an old alarm clock the other day and pretended it was her personal computer, making her own typing and beeping sounds and all.

3. I love playing the "hi _____" game with her in the car just to see what she'll come up with next. When we are staring out into "nothing" or so mommy thinks it's just "nothing" and when it's her turn, she'll say things like "hi dirt" or "hi clouds". Blows me away!

4. I love, love, love how friendly she is, even if it's a tad over the top. She'll say "hi" to every person we come into contact with at the grocery store. Even if it's over and over and over again. The best is when she says it to single men. They get so uncomfortable and anxious when she keeps on saying "hi", it's really funny how clueless they are!

5. I love taking orders from her. She'll tell me where to sit and what she wants. But it always, always has a "peaze" in there.

6. I love hearing her tell me she wants "snuggles".

7. I love that she STILL says "peaze" whenever the answer is yes. For example, "Ava do you want some more milk?" "Peaze". Sometimes it is not in context AT ALL and it makes us laugh. "Ava did you ride the merry-go-round?" "Peaze", she says.

8. I love how after she plays with her friends and we get in the car she will say their names and say "fun". "Mia fun, Pais fun, Hannah fun, Char fun, Abby fun, etc."

9. I LOVE when she is looking for someone or something she yells, "Goose (the cat), ARE YOU?" (where are you?).

10. I love her sense of humor already and how she knows when to say "Silly Mommy" when I've done something, well, silly, like spill something or when I lost my cell phone in the park (ahem). "Silly mommy" says, followed by a "CELL PHONE, ARE YOU?"

10. Lastly, I LOVE that my previous loves have mostly included Ava talking. She is talking in phrases and short sentences now and it is so much fun! Some examples are written, but my other faves are "Ava some" (Ava wants some, notice the third person); "Ninny-Ninny, Beep-Beep" (taught by gigi and poppy); "Ava watch Elmo"; there are so many others that I love!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

What a great list!! Love them all.