She's all about the babies right now. It's a good thing she has more than one, because baby must go to bed with her, watch Elmo with her, go in the car with her, and today, go to the library with her.
My favorite, though, is a story I have to share. It melted my heart.
Her new thing is that we read to the babies at night. She likes to set them all in my lap and we read to them together. It's her chance to be the big girl and show and tell them all that she knows.
So we're sitting in the rocker and I'm reading to the babies and Ava's helping me point out things to show them in her lift-the-flap book.
Me: "Ava, can you show the babies where the moon is hiding?"
Ava: correctly lifts the flap to find the moon
Me: "Yes, there's the moon, good job!"
Ava: takes the baby's hands and proceeds to make her clap for her! "clap! clap! clap!", she says.
I just thought it was the sweetest thing ever that she was using them as an outlet to show her feelings. Imaginitive play is starting, how fun!
Okay, so maybe it was better to see in person. I don't know if I did the story justice.
2 comments:
Beyond adorable! Ava is just too cute for words.
oh ava... you continue to get smarter and smarter... can't wait to see it for myself...
Post a Comment