I feel like I haven't gotten a chance to really sit down and write out what's going on with us these busy days.....so, here's an update for the record.
Update:
We've been in our home in Frisco now, almost 2 years. Ryan is working from home in his office here and I continue to serve my role as the domestic engineer and answer to the two bosses in MY "office" every day. Haha.
Ava is still at the Musical Arts Schoolhouse going 3 days a week, T,W,Th from 8:00-11:45, which is perfect for us. I don't know what I'm going to do next year when she starts Kindergarten and has to leave us for 5 whole days. And I'm not sure what she's going to do, either, lol. She is more than ready to attend Kindergarten, however, so no issues there. She has some really good friends on our street, already, and one will be entering Kinder at the same time, which is neat. She is about to embark on her 4th season of soccer and tells us that she used to think it was "boring" but now she likes it. She has been on the same team since the beginning and formed some fun relationships with those girls.
Griffin is going to gymnastics once a week at a gymnastics facility during open gym time. It's great because it's not real structured and he can do whatever activity he wants. He loves to jump on the trampoline and has recently started getting both feet off the ground. He is also jumping off the ground with both feet! He goes to the gym kid's club on Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour, while I work out, so that gives him a great chance to socialize with peers and teachers without me. I don't think we are going to start him in a preschool until next year, when he is three and half. Seriously, will he be three next year? Crazy! He is just my little buddy and we find plenty to fill our mornings.
Our two cats, Boo and Goose, are doing well and continue to annoy us with their neediness, haha. But Ava and Griffin love them, as do we, so they are just part of the family.
Routine:
Mondays are great because we take our time getting up and out, playing in the early morning hours. We usually hit the grocery store in the late morning/early afternoon fulfilling our lunch menu by gobbling up samples and food. Afternoons are playtime, craft time, pretend time and nap time for some. While Griffin naps, Ava has some "rest time" where she plays quietly by herself. She has gotten pretty good at doing it most days, some days we watch a movie together or just sit together adn play or read.
Tuesdays and Thursdays we are out the door by 7:50 to get Ava to school by 8:00. We eat breakfast at home most mornings, others we are running around so much that we have to eat it in the car. It's not easy eating oatmeal in the car, but Ava has gotten used to it. She's the staller, so it's usually her to eat in the car and Griffin at home. Griff and I hit the FAC for some exercise and playtime for Griff. We come home and play or run errands. His teachers there love him and he loves to go and see them. We pick up sissy at 11:45 from school. We get home and eat lunch which ranges from macaroni and cheese to chicken salad and cream cheese crackers and cheese to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Always with a side of fruit.
Wednesdays are pretty much the same as T/Th, but Griffin and I go to open gymnastics from 10-11, where he gets to burn a lot of energy.
Fridays we usually have a playdate set up or we go to my bi-monthly MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) meetings. Fridays are Fundays.
I love the weekends and family time. We begin our Saturdays by working out at the FAC and treat the family to Saturday lunch out. It usually ends up being Jason's Deli or McAlisters. Now that soccer is in session, we have late afternoon games to attend, which works well. I just love hanging out with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment