Monday, March 22, 2010

We made it!!

So we made it to the big D! Geesh, after the stomach bug decided to work it's way through the family, let's just say it was a lot of work. Ava had been sick the entire week and weekend of the move. Then, wouldn't you know, the stomach "birus" got passed onto me the night before the move. Since I'm not physically up for moving, I prided myself that I could be a packer. I pulled as much energy as I could muster and forced myself to get it done. Ryan was the go-to guy and did everything! He and Aves would go out to lunch, come home, pack, move, organize, etc. We knew the job would get done... It had to despite the movers being 4 hours late, which is a whole different story,

anyway, despite my whining, we are here! And I have to say that Ava has been AMAZING! She is adjusting so well. She totally gets what is going on, too. The other day in the car she had Ryan and I astonished at what she understands. When learning that her friend Mimi was coming to visit in Dallas, she said,

"Mimi lives in Austin, Texas. She is just here in Dallas for a little bit. I won't go back to Austin, texas, but Mimi will go back." she said it so matter of factly, like she had to explain it to us.

Tonight she couldn't quite get that we will be living in a new home besides living with Gigi and poppy. When I tried to explain that we would be moving into the house that she played in the playroom and enjoyed it so much, she adamently said, " no, that was that little girls house." after further explaining that we were buying that house from the little girl and her family, she got so excited that she would be obtaining a variety of new toys! Ummm, not so much.

She has us all cracking up lately!! I mean the things that come out of her mouth are hilarious. The other day, Gigi made turkey bacon for she and Ava when Ava asked daddy for more. She came up with a cheer, rolling her hands around, chanting. "makin, makin, need more bacon!" Where in the world did that come from??

This past week has been so much better than expected. Something developmentally and/ or cognitively is going on in Avas little mind and she just blows us away. The conversations that we engage in are interesting and thought-provoking...concepts such as roller coaster drawings with explanations of how it goes faster with air blowing it from underneath, or to hear her say "isn't that the truth?" like a little person we are having a discussion with.

Long post, but I really am trying to document our crazy life right now with some of the neat updates on our three year old. THREE year old!!!

5 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Glad you made it! Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you have all been sick! But yay for making it to Dallas! Hope the unpacking goes smoothly.

Hannah said...

Glad you made it!! And it looks like you found a house!! Yeah!!
Just noticed Ava's favorite reads. H LOVES No David also! I think it's like when we were in the classroom. When someone else was acting up, even your little pillbugs were angels. That is how Hannah acts when David is being mischievious...like an angel that would NEVER do those things. =))

Happy Easter!

misha said...

Where are you guys moving, I am so out of the loop! I am glad Ava is adjusting so well, I know how hard it is. Austin wrote his name right outside the wall of his room and told me it was so everyone would know it was his room after we moved!

Kristine said...

I'm so glad the move went well and you're settling in!