Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A letter to my daughter on her 3rd birthday

My dear Ava,

Tomorrow you turn three years old and not a day passes by without me telling you just how much I love you, "I love you sooooo much, SO MUCH", I whisper in your ear. I fall more in love with you each day. You never miss a beat and are constantly asking me, "Why you do that, Mommy?" or "Why are you laughing, Mommy?" or "Why you say that Mommy?" when you notice things I do or say. That just makes me smile bigger and laugh harder because you are just so darn cute I am in love with you, my little girl. You make my heart laugh out loud.

You are positively one-of-a-kind and just so truly the daughter that I always dreamed of having. You are smart, kind, ornery, adventurous, daring, loving, creative, intuitive, imaginative, strong-willed, relentless, determined, and beautiful, both inside and out.

You love.... dancing, animals, dolls, building, sorting, princesses, dress-up, sweets, head fives, 'nastics, tea parties, adventures, forts, games, and being outside. You tell me you want to be on the radio when you grow up or be a doctor. More and more as you get older, I can see that you truly have limitless possibilities and I will be there for you every step of the way....watching you; supporting you; loving you; reassuring you; facilitating you; motivating you; being with you my sweet angel princess.

I love you to the crescent moon. And back. A million times.

Forever yours,

Mommy

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Happy Birthday to the smartest and most beautiful 3yr old out there!

misha said...

Austin says "Happy Birthday Ava!!!"