Monday, November 23, 2009

While I can't say she's FULLY....

.....Potty-trained, I CAN say that we are almost there!

Oh My Gah, we have been using the potty for what, almost 8 months now. But these past few it has only just gotten consistent.

It all started (cue the dreamy, haze and music)...

A few months after she was two, we had introduced the potty, what it was all about, etc. etc.

One day, she ran out of diapers and I asked, "What should we do?" And Ava answered, "Big girl panties!!!" So we went out that day to the store and bought big girl panties and balloons for our little BIG girl celebration. She did great with it, having accidents every few days, but still sleeping in a pull-up at naps and nighttime.

Then, about July, regression set in. She continued to use the potty at home and at friend's houses, but would NOT go out in public potties and would prefer to just have an accident. I had to go with pull-ups when we were out and about and still at nap and nighttime.

When she started school in September, I was sending her in pull-ups, even though she went on the potty at home. However, in her daily reports, she was using the potty with the class when they went...her choice.

So I bit the bullet and decided to send her to school in big girl panties come October. Her teachers knew she wouldn't have a problem and she didn't; only she was holding it now, all morning long and into nap time. She inevitably had an accident one day and it was no big deal. It DID, however, spark her to start using the potty at school again, instead of holding it.

Fast forward to the now.

For about 6 weeks she has been using the potty throughout the day and naptime. Only recently has she decided to fore go pull-ups at nap time. She is still wearing pull-ups at night. Just like this whole process, YES PROCESS, she'll let me know when she's ready to ditch the pull-ups at night, too, I'm sure.