Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not-so-Wordless-Wednesday: Just like Mommy

"Look mommy, my animals have babies in their tummies just like you!"Yes, she laid out all her friends and put felt pieces on each one of their tummies.
Yay! I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant with Ava's little brother or sister! We told her almost immediately, maybe 6 or 7 weeks, as she has been waiting and wanting a baby for a looooong time now. She has been so patient and loving and it just melts us. She says, "The baby is so small right now" and will rub my tummy and give my tummy hugs and kisses at night, totally unprompted.

This week she visually noticed my tummy was bigger and said, "Uh, the baby is getting BIGGER!". So as much as a 2 1/2 year old can understand, she does pretty well.

She has pretty much taken ownership of this baby, which is so neat and we are following her lead. She'll say things to others like, "my baby" or "Ava's baby". Oh, and on some days, she also has a baby in her tummy. She hasn't given "it" a name yet.

I KNOW she'll make an AWESOME big SISTER!

7 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Huge congrats to your family. I have no doubt that Ava will be the BEST big sister ever! She will have so much to teach her new little brother or sister!

4Hoffman's said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I know we are far away but if there's anything we can do let us know!! We love ya'll and are so excited!!

Brittany and Brian said...

Yayyyy!!!! Congrats everyone! Ava will be an awesome big sister!!!!

Keri said...

Woooo Hoooo --- congratulations to the Greens! Can't wait to meet you little baby. You are so lucky already -- just look at your beautiful, smart big sister!

Hannah said...

Oh Meghan! I love the ownership piece. How exciting it must be to see the most precious little person in your life showing such love and excitement!! Ava you are too precious!

The Saras Family said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Congrats I am so excited for you guys! Are you finding out what it is???

melissa said...

We are so excited for your beautiful, growing family! We love you all and can't wait to welcome Baby Green into the world!
xxoo,
The Abdine's