On our way to our favorite park, we pass a cemetary. Ava has recently started to notice all the flowers placed out there and asked me what it was. So we had the conversation about how that is a place where people go to remember family or friends that they love and bring flowers to them to show them that they are loved and remembered.
The other day as we passed the cemetary she made the following comment:
"Oh! I saw a lot of people under a tent. (sad mommy) They were all together. I wonder what they were talking about. ::pause:: I bet they were talking about computers."
============================================
============================================
I love sharing my pregnancy with Ava. She has so many questions about the baby and soaks in a little more each day. Some of them include:
Seeing me get hurt one day, she asked, "Is the baby crying?"
While we were snuggling in bed she said, "Does the baby feel comfortable with the blanket on her (she thinks it's a sister)?"
After watching a video about what the baby looks like right now in my tummy, she realized that the baby is growing and getting bigger. The next day she asked me, "Is the baby ready to be hatched yet?"
============================================
============================================
Aves and I joke about me not wanting her to grow up. I'll tell her that I want her to stay this age forever and not to grow up. One day she said:
"Mom (we are about 1/2 mommy and 1/2 mom--sad mommy), do you want me to grow up?" Knowing that I'm going to say "Nope! I want you to stay this age forever and ever." She says, "But I want to grow up and I want to get bigger so I can be a mommy too."
So yes, my child is giving ME lessons on growing up and it all but melted my heart that she said she wants to be a mommy. (I did tell her it would be a very long time and WELL into her adulthood that she could even think about being a mommy, lol).
1 comment:
She always makes me smile!
Post a Comment