Friday, November 20, 2009

Ava in a (Picture Story) Nutshell

So we're on our way out the door the other day and as most moms would agree, it's not the easiest task in the world to get a toddler dressed and out the door in a reasonable amount of time.

After taking forever in deciding what she was going to wear (yes, her rockstar tshirt is on underneath the long-sleeved shirt, I had to insist she wear long-sleeves since it was chilly) she insisted, "Let's wear Mommy's scarf. I wear pink and mommy wears green".

Okay, no big deal, let's put on the scarves.

Mommy: "Oh, but you look so cute, Aves, I need to take a picture."

Aves: Gives this pouty face.

Mommy: "Oh, look at THAT face!" Aves: ::thinking:: I can do better, look at THIS pouty face
Mommy: "Oh, wow! You're so sad."
Aves: Can't help but break a smile, cracking herself up.
Aves: And gives mommy her fake, crooked smile.
Mommy: "Awww, that's a great one!"
After hearing that Mommy was pleased and just to be ornery, I might add, returns to the sad face WITH a bottom lip!


This girl of mine!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Hee hee!! This made me smile big time! She's such a cutie!

SpunkyToes said...

Well she DOES look cute!

Jenny said...

LOL!!! That's so funny! She so cute :)

Hannah said...

Oh Ava, you are such a cutie!
We love you!

4Hoffman's said...

She is so stinkin cute!!!