Saturday, July 25, 2009

What does 5 minutes every few days get you?

A 203 page book that documents the days, weeks, months and years of the "little things" that happen in our family's day-to-day life.

I finally had a blogbook printed of Ava's 2nd Year. I was working on one through another website that was recommended, but it was taking me FAR too long. Every detail was customized and when I'm given choices, I like perfection.

Then, one day as I was changing the background on my blog, through thecutestblogontheblock.com , I noticed an advertisement to print my book through them and sharedbook.com

I thought I was doing something wrong because it was almost too easy. I literally selected blogs to print from March 2008 through March 2009 and there it was....Ava's 2nd Year! Granted, I couldn't customize the font and text, but that turned out better for me in the long run because I was never going to finish the other one. There were some things that made it personal: the cover, the comments added to each blog (so cool!), the spine, the back, and a dedication page.

The quality is very good as well. I have a very thick book, as I said, 203 pages, and it is held together well. The pages are durable and the picture quality is good. The book itself is 8 1/2 x 11.

I am so pleased with it and thought I would share!














8 comments:

Staci said...

this looks GREAT!! thanks so much for sharing- you may have found the answer to my blog book problem!

Amanda said...

AWESOME!! THIS is the motivation I need to keep blogging...SOOO cool! Thanks for sharing!

E.M. said...

That is a GREAT looking book!

Carla said...

I love it! I should really do one of these! I'm sure Ava will love showing it off!

Hannah said...

Thanks for sharing this. I now feel like my blogging will truly save me time. Yay! What a beautiful book too!!

melissa said...

Thanks so much for telling me about this...can't wait to get started on ours!

Kelly said...

that is awesome! I want one! I guess I need to blog more! HA!

The O'Connor Family said...

I am so glad you took a risk and printed it!! It looks so great!! I appreciate the tip!