Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So much to love at 2 years, 4 months

1. I love hearing words like "decorate", "observation", and "no thank you" come out of her mouth.

2. I love when Ava sees our house and says "there's our home" because that is what it feels like to me too.

3. I love listening to her play by herself and starting to play various roles. She'll say, "Here is your sister, baby" and baby says, "Hi sister"

4. I love when she sings songs and the look on her face when she figures out she can sing the whole thing. She'll sing "This old man he played four, he played knick-knack on his knee (yes, wrong part but it so doesn't matter) with a paddy-whack, give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home"

5. I love when she does something and wants everyones attention, "Look at meeeeeee!" while she splashes through the fountain.

6. I love our nap routine, when it is just her and me, and when she wants to have "quiet time" and she'll lay her head down and say, "Goodnight mommy. I love you to the crescent moon and back", while I rub her back.

7. I love how her mind works. I learn from her everyday about how to see things from another perspective. For example, I'll show her an activity with buttons and she'll do it the way she wants to do it and it totally makes sense. She'll sort them into babies (small) and mommies (big) groups while I was thinking of sorting them by shape.

8. I love how she talks like such a little person. Her sentences and vocabulary are wonderful. "I just trying to figure out this shape sorter."

9. I love that she worked so hard today to catch a fish with a magnet at the toy store. Then turned around to the lady that was watching and said, "I did it! I didn't give up. I keep trying!"

10. I love that we are still potty training on her terms. She'll use the potty at home all day, but she is just not comfortable with going out in public. Who is? So we'll continue to take it slow.

No comments: