Friday, February 20, 2009

Some favorite foods

I'm very lucky.

Well, that goes without saying, I suppose.

We all know that children have their strengths and Ava's is definitely eating. I know that eating sounds a bit odd for a strength, and while it is not her strongest or biggest strength, it is a very healthy strength.

I'm lucky that she'll try *almost* anything and eats a well-balanced diet. Don't get me wrong she LOVES her some m&m's, cake, cookies, and sweets in general, but she also loves other things. I try to catch her eating on camera b/c I want to remind her one day when she stubbornly (err, another strength?) refuses food.

So here are some pics of some of the food that I am so proud she eats!

Spinach salad-of course w/ dressing, pecans, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, etc. to make it all fancy.
And to satisfy a sweet tooth when we can't take fresh fruit on the go, there's the fruitabu.

She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES "bawcamole", seen here w/ a veggie burger and raspberries.

Black beans are a staple seen often at dinner time.
And finally, she loves dipping carrot strings into hummus.

3 comments:

4Hoffman's said...

I am impressed! I ended up with one of each...Madison being ULTRA-PICKY-I-ONLY-EAT-5-THINGS, and Austin being the human garbage disposal that LOVES Guacamole & Queso, bean soup from Herrera's, grapes/cantalope all fruit, eats lettuce plain...just eats EVERYTHING!

SpunkyToes said...

Cute photos! We have a good eater as well but I don't think he would eat spinach!

beth said...

Eating is definitely a strength! I love that she is eating a little spinach salad - so cute! And what a great idea to use carrot strings, I have never been quite sure how to serve them yet since Ethan hates the diced ones - I'll have to give that a try!