My Sweet Ava,
I'm blown away right now at the thought of my baby girl turning ONE year old tomorrow. I'm going to try to express a few of my emotions, but there are so many. For one, I'm ecstatic that we've (you, me and daddy) have made it through a whole year together. Trust me, for awhile there, time seemed to be going by so slowly. I now know that it was due to sleep deprivation and insecurities on my behalf that those first few months were so hard. But, oh, what I'd give now to do it all over again and not change a single thing. Nope, I wouldn't and do you know why? I wouldn't have the same baby that I have right now. Perfection. Ava, you are the most perfect and beautiful child that anyone could ever ask for.
Just watching you grow and change allows us to get a sneak peek into what you're personality is going to be like (or for the most part--already is) and we love the person that you are and will become. You are so inquisitive and thoughtful, silly and sly, smart and sassy, stubborn and loving. A perfect recipe for a well-rounded girl.
On this Eve of your birthday, I also find myself sad. Sad that I no longer have a baby that I can cuddle and rock, feed and burp. But realistically, you cannot stay a baby forever. My sadness turns to joy when I think about how much you've grown and how proud I am of you. Daddy and I are so proud to call you our baby girl.
I wish you nothing but happiness on your first birthday. I love you so much! Thank you for being you! Happy Birthday, Ava!
With all the love I have,
Mommy
2 comments:
That is so sweet! I am so happy for your family. I wish you all the best in your lives! I know Ava will grow up to be a wonderful young woman with two wonderful, loving parents.
SO sweet and so well said...
Post a Comment