Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

About a month late, but here are the pictures from Ava's FIRST day of Kindergarten! She went to sleep excited and woke up even more fired up. To say that she was ready is an understatement. The anticipation and excitement was palpable, we all felt it! So of course I had to give her a special morning party and pack a special lunch of the "The Kissing Hand" sandwich, lol.

She chose her clothes the night before, all the way down to her accessories, but of course. She ate a good breakfast, posed for pictures and headed to school. It's so nice that we are able to take a family walk to school in the mornings. So nice!

Ava had already met her teacher the day before so her nervousness was lessened a bit. She walked right in, found her place and started to get to work. I barely got a kiss and a "bye mom". I didn't cry. They had a breakfast set up for the parents of the Kindergartners called the boo hoo/yahoo breakfast. It was great to get to know some other parents. It was about the 3rd day of school that I did get teary, just watching her walk in so independently and confidently, knowing exactly where to go and what to do without needing me. Just a sign that she is getting so big and growing right before me eyes. That made me feel joyful, grateful and tearful all at the same time.

She is loving school! She loves her class, her teacher, the atmosphere, everything. I join her for lunch once a week and she really likes that.

So far, so good.








No comments: