Griffers changes the dynamic of our family in such wonderful ways, as every child does when they become a part of a family. I love watching him through Ava's eyes and seeing how much adoration and love she has for him. He brings us constant joy and laughter, sometimes intentional and other times, just by his being, he is too cute for words.
My favorites:
I hope to always remember his secrets. He'll get right up to our ears and now whispers his version of "I love you too". I love his sweet breath.
At the risk of sounding strange, I hope to always remember the way he smells. I love to nuzzle against his neck when he clenches his hands around mine, and smell his sweet scent, because we all know he won't smell this way forever.....or even next year.
I love how self-sufficient he is becoming. I was in the kitchen the other day when I saw him sneeze in the other room. Before I could get up to get him a tissue, he ran over and got one himself and wiped his nose AND THEN went to the kitchen, opened the cabinet and threw it away. Daily tasks like these that require independence make me realize what a little boy he really is.
He is officially obsessed with helicopters. He'll go on and on about the one that Uncle Aaron has (who he calls "bobo" b/c that is what Aaron calls him,lol) and pat his head and make propeller noises, mimicking the remote control one that flies near his head. He picked out helicopter books at the library and will seriously sit and look at them for 15 minutes.
He is speaking more 2 sentence words, adding mommy to most words....."mommy moo moo" (smoothie), "mommy man" (sees a construction worker), "mommy siiiide" (outside). Some of his newest cute words are "she she"(sissy), "saw-wee"(sorry--we all love the way this one sounds and we try to get it out of him as much as possible b/c it sounds so cute!), "Bunny" (either Barney or bunny snacks), "Shoes", "you-kay?" (are you okay?) and "peez" (please).
Griffin's favorite food right now is smoothies, which we add all sorts of fruits and veggies to. He still won't eat many vegetables, raw or cooked, so we add them to smoothies together. Ava likes all sorts of combinations as well. Thanks to the Vitamix from the Easter Bunny, smoothies are a staple.
I bought him some hand-me-down Toy Story shoes from a friend and he loves them! When he first started wearing them he had to show everyone his shoes. He was so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment