Sunday, February 27, 2011

Soccer Update




So after months and months of telling us she didn't want to play soccer after her first season this past fall, Ava did decide that she actually did want to play again. So we signed her up for the spring season and what a difference a season makes! She is out on the field participating, wiggling her way in the mix of girls, to get the ball, and dribbling toward the goal.

Oh to see the boost of confidence, it's just what she needed. She loved it when coach was giving her high fives, she kept saying, "I won!"

And of course it wouldn't be near as cute if I didn't report that she made her first goal.....in the opposing team's net...classic!

We just cheered for her and didn't say anything, just "yay, you made a goal!". However, she knew it was the wrong one and started crying. So sad. I assured her that it didn't matter, no one knows. We also found it funny that she knew it was the wrong goal. It happens every game, but most little ones don't seem to notice. Not Ava. Lol.

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

How awesome!! So good to hear she is liking it now!

E.M. said...

Awww, poor thing. I love that story!