Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dread

Today Ava told me three dreaded words.

I know where she got them.

Finding Nemo.

I kept reminding myself that it was not a good idea to let her see that part.

But, she said them.

We were at the mall.

She didn't get what she wanted.

I.

Hate.

You.

And I did what I didn't want to do.

I took it personally.

My eyes filled.

I gently took her to the side.

Explained how hurtful those words are.

My feelings were hurt.

Her eyes filled too.

She apologized.

And meant it.

But still.

It hurt.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man. That is hard. My eyes just filled too.....hugs.

SpunkyToes said...

My child told me today that he loved his Daddy more. I was hurt and he knew it. He apologized and told me he loved me too. But I took it personally too. I understand. (((hugs)))

beth said...

((hugs)) i haven't had that yet. i've had the "i don't love you anymore" but not the hate yet. i'm sure it is coming. and i'm sure i'll react the same way!

Jenny said...

Oh, my goodness :( I'm waiting for those words!! Even though they don't really realize what they mean, it's still hurtful. Big hugs!!

Craig, Julie, Sydney & Harper said...

Oh no. That would totally hurt my feelings too.

Keri said...

ahhh. what a day! carrie contey would say that showing her your emotions is good?! hugs!