Monday, August 2, 2010

"Seed Cake"

A few weeks ago when we could actually GO to the park in the morning before breaking a sweat, Ava found a big seed. I'm not sure what kind, but she was so proud of it. She decided that she wanted to use it to make "seed cake". She collected a few other pieces from nature, flowers, grass, bark, etc and we headed home to make this cake. I was curious how it was going to pan out.

She told me what her ingredients were: flour, opameal, water, sugar, and of course, her seeds and things.

She mixed it all together and put it in a pan. We baked it and out came "seed cake". I made cookies alongside of her, with most of the same ingredients (minus the seeds) so we could actually eat something. Although I told her it was her seed cake she was eating. Shhhh....



1 comment: