Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy 3 Months, Griffin!!

Friday the 13th marked Griffin's 1/4 year birthday....3 months old!!

He is such a healthy, growing and snuggly little baby boy. It's hard to believe that he is little baby because he is so big. I don't have his stats this month, but I would guess around 14 1/2 lbs. and 26 inches.

His personality is really starting to shine. He is a happy little thing and pretty easy-going. Overall, a fairly "easy" baby.

Eating:

Still eating about every 3-4 hours. Lately he is back to eating around the clock, so up an average of 2 times at night. Zzzzz!

Sleeping:

For a solid month he was sleeping a 6 hour stretch and then a 4 hours stretch and then back to sleep for another couple of hours.

However, in the past week, he has only been going 4-5 hours at first and every 4 hours after that.

Routine:

Awake around 7:30ish, eat, play, and back to sleep around 9:00ish. Takes about an hour morning nap and eats around 11:ooish and plays. Back down around 1:00ish and sleeps for about 2-3 hours. Eats around 3:00ish and plays. Takes a quick 30 minute nap around 5:00. Eats about 6:00ish and is ready for bed around 8:00ish. I am trying to decide if "topping him off" is working or not, some nights it does, some it doesn't. He then wakes up around 1:00ish and again at 5:00ish and for the day again around 7:00ish.

Diapers:

Still hanging out in size 2 dipes. Still having about 3-5 poopies a day. Is gassy quite often. Boys!

Clothes:

I officially went through 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes this weekend, totally eliminating the 0-3 and hand picking what still fits in 3-6. I would say he'll be a good fit in 6-9 month within the next month or two.

Disposition:

MUCH less of a fussy baby than he was newborn. He is a snuggler and just a happy boy. Oh my goodness, he loves to talk and babble. He'll imitate and talk and smile and drool until he decides he tired. Like last month, 9 times out of 10 if he is crying or fussy, it's because he is tired. Easy to read.

What I love about Griffin at 3 months:

I love that he loves to be rocked (sometimes to sleep....shhhh!)

I love when he is sucking on his pacifier and looks up at me to smile and it falls out because his smile is so big!

I love that his face when he smiles can light up a room.

I love that he smiled at a stranger. Eeek, I exclaimed, I have a smily baby!

I love that he is already starting to show preferences.

I love how much he loves to watch and smile at Ava.

Ummmm, could I say SMILE anymore?

I love the way he looks in his footed jammies...I just want to eat him up.

I love my baby boy! Oiy!









2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Adorable!

beth said...

Aww, love that last pic!! So cute! Can't believe you have such a big guy...Mollie can still fit in newborn dipes :)