After our safari, we headed over to Turner Falls, a natural spring and waterfall park. It was actually a great day for the hot and humid July summer. Overcast and a little bit of rain to cool us off. Ava and Daddy waded in the springs while Griff and I watched. We visited the 77 ft. waterfall and even did a little exploring. We decided to take a nature walk and check out a real cave! Ava thought the cave was the neatest thing. She and daddy crawled to get in and hung out in there for a good 15 minutes. Griffin and I were trying to find a tree to hide under to avoid getting (more) soaked. He was such a trooper. As long as he is in his baby carrier right next to mama, all is good in his world.
We headed home and stopped in Grapevine to finish out our safari at the Rainforest Cafe. What a treat! Ava insisted all the animals in there were real and again, had a blast.
Once we arrived home, we had an exhausted family of four. Griffin actually slept his first 6 hour stretch, which hasn't happened since.
We took lots of pictures of our exciting road trip. Enjoy!
5 comments:
I didn't realize you guys lived so close! We live in Lawton but I grew up in Healdton (Just west of Ardmore). We always love going to the Arbuckle "Mountains" and Turner Falls!!!
We've been meaning to take Luke all summer!!
what GREAT photos!!! looks like a really fun trip. Those drive-thru safaris are a BLAST and total HIT with mason too!
so fun!!!
What a COOL Place!!!!
She was totally brave feeding all those animals!!
What a GREAT trip! I love that you can feed the animals. Very cool.
Post a Comment