Sunday, July 11, 2010

So much to love at 3 years, 4 months

My little Ava....

I love your mispronounced words like "bitamins", "harmonitor", and "Buzz Lightning" and have no plans to correct you.

I love your enthusiasm for all things princesses. I have to admire your passion and interest, although I was never a princessy kind of girl.

I love your debate skills. Although I'm about ready to pull my hair out, again, it's admirable to see your relentlessness. Daddy and I are still trying to find a debate club that will accept 3 year olds.

I love how you still change clothes at least three times a day. It always brings a smile to my face to see what you'll be in when you come down the stairs.

I love your independence. Three is definitely a challenging age, but it also has it's advantages. You can do so much by yourself like get dressed, pick out your breakfast, get in the car, and just generally help out.

I love the time you like to spend with just you and daddy. You guys hit the pool no less than three times a week or go the petstore. You love your daddy and Ava time.

I love hearing your made up songs. You can get quite creative.

I love hearing about your alter- family... your "Tulsa family" as you call it. This is the family that does things that you would like to do and it's a way for you to play out your little white lies.

I love talking to you. We just have the best conversations these days.

I love that you are starting to understand being grateful about receiving things. Not always, but I've been getting sincere statements like "Thank you for my __________, mommy", totally unprompted.

I love your made up words. You'll say some word like "zimby" or "callusula" and explain to me what it means.

I love that you love to take showers now. You are such a big girl and just sit in there for so long, playing, pretending, talking, relaxing.

I love how proud you are of your baby brother. You tried to get a little girl to come over and see him the other day at the mall. You just wanted to show him off.

No comments: