Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ryan! She's NOT in her BED!

A few weeks ago I went in to check on Ava before calling it a night myself. A slowly and very quietly opened her door and peeked into her bed to watch her peacefully sleeping. I couldn't see at first, so I turned on her nightlight turtle.

Hmmm, she wasn't in her bed. Don't freak out, she's probably on the floor somewhere.

Looking, looking. Don't freak out. She's probably in her chair.

Okay, when do I panic? Thoughts of kidnapped children who have reportedly "not been in their beds" when parents check on them crossing my mind.

I run into Ryan in half-panic-mode, "She's not in her bed. Her room". "What?" "How?"

We look in the guest bedroom. No dice.

Okay, our home isn't that big. She's got to be here somewhere.

Go in the laundry room.

There. Laying on the floor after having done some laundry it appears, is my little angel. Asleep. How she snuck out, I don't know. But she was safe and sound.

This was a turning point because she has now decided that she wants to sleep in a BIG bed and accommodates herself in our queen size guest bedroom every night.

What a scare that was Aves!

9 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

How scary! But cute picture.

4Hoffman's said...

OMG that happens to me a lot with Austin, then I find him sleeping on the opposite end of Madison's twin bed!! LOL!!

The Saras Family said...

oh my gosh! how scary!!!! i am glad she was safe!

beth said...

Sounds like Ethan! Last night he was asleep in the hallway. I guess whatever works, as long as he is sleeping a safe. That is such a cute picture of her!

E.M. said...

Awww, that's so sweet!

betsy green said...

Priceless!

Jenny said...

LOL!!! That is sooo cute, but must have given you quite a scare!

Hannah said...

Oh my Meghan! I could feel your heart beating a mile a minute! How scary! But what a precious ending!

Hannah said...

Or do you have a little sleep walker on your hands??