We have tried to prepare her for the baby to possibly be a boy, but she'd have none of it. "No, it's a girl" or "I'm going to have a sister".
So last night when we showed her a video of the baby's sonogram and broke the news to her that it was a boy, we were not surprised at her dismay. However, we were a bit shocked at how strongly she reacted to the news. I mean, so much so that she cried for 10 minutes about how she wants a girl. Like REAL tears.
After watching the video about 50 times it seems, I am starting to be able to laugh at it, but I still get a lump in my throat. You see, I was doing the filming and bawling behind the camera at her reaction, but I had to hide my face, so I couldn't comfort her. Daddy did an excellent job of trying to help soothe her. We both were speechless at first because we didn't know how to handle her reaction. Our reactions and impromptu speeches are a bit comical however.
I know she will love and adore her baby brother, so I'm not worried. A little boy will be a perfect addition to our family. I think my emotions were based on seeing her disappointment and the guilt I have, that every mother of more than one child has, of preparing to turn her world upside down with a new baby.
So here is the video of how we told Ava she was having a baby brother....
10 comments:
AWWW Poor Aves!! It will all be fine once she has a baby to play with! Madison LOVES having a brother! They are the BEST of friends! (at least for now!)
Such a sweet girl. She will LOVE and ADORE her baby brother. She will be an awesome big sister. Just give her a little time.
Meghan!!!! I'm dying right now. That is the cutest/saddest/funniest thing ever! And a boy! Yaaaay! =) Congrats!!!...and is Ava feeling better about it yet?
i have been stalking your blog when i have had the time to see what you were having since i haven't been on oof this week. soooo excited for you!!! congrats on a baby boy! i feel awful laughing at the video, but that reaction is classic!!
She's so sweet and you guys are the best parents - you handled it so well!!
Aves -- we ABSOLUTELY LOVE you!
xoxo
oh gosh. u could win $10,000 on AFHV!!!! poor thing I woyld be sad to see Hudson react that way too. but you are right she will love her brother.
Congrats on baby number 2! Good luck!
Awww- Meghan that broke my heart, too! I wanted my brother to be a "baby kitten" so at least she had the human part right. ;)
So sweet. I'm afraid that this might be how my niece reacts if it's a boy.
Congrats on the boy and I know Ava will be such a great big sister!
Oh no! I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief! You will have to save this video and show it to her one day when her brother is her best friend!
Post a Comment