1. I love witnessing the slow transition from being TWO to being THREE. It's like you aren't really a two-year-old any more, slowing gaining the ability to reason without putting up as much of a fight.
2. I love your out-of-the-blue "Mommy? I love you's". When you say this, usually several times a day, sometimes in the car, in the bath, or wherever, it makes me melt.
3. I love how adaptable and resilient you are. We don't leave you (with a babysitter or family) very often, but when we do, you are just fine. In fact, you have so many stories to share with us when we see you again, we wonder why we don't do it more often to get some "mommy and daddy time".
4. I love your made up songs. And that you request that we not sing with you.
5. I love your sense of creativity. Whether it's while eating Christmas dinner and exclaiming "It looks like an armidillo!!!" to the crescent rolls, arranging goldfish in a design and explaining that it's a "stingray" or making up stories to share and act out, you amaze me.
6. I love the above. I would have never guessed that I could bear a child who is so creative. I'm somewhat creative, but pretty analytical and/or methodical. I love the surprises that you hold for me.
7. I love when you want to dance. Which happens to be anywhere you get the urge. You did some booty-shaking in Target yesterday and Ikea today. What can you say? When you hear a good tune and moment hits you, you have to take advantage. Oh! And I love that the booty-shake is BACK! You used to do it when you were about one and then it slowly faded into a simple hip shake, but now the shoulders are back and it's full-fledged booty shaking!
8. I love your manners. You are great about asking "please" and saying "thank you", for the most part.
9. I love how much of a say you have in what you wear. Lately, it's been princess attire, even to the grocery store, but it boldly displays who you are. Yesterday, Cinderella accompanied me to the grocery store, pushing her new grocery cart down the aisles alongside me.
10. I love your snuggles. You weren't much of a cuddler as a baby, but now you seem to be making up for lost time. I love just laying there and snuggling with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment