Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Half Birthday My Love!

Happy TWO and a HALF Birthday my sweet baby girl! How nearly 3 years has flown by this quickly is way beyond me, but I've cherished every bit of time that I get to spend with you.

You are not only "cute" and "adorable" (as you tell us), but you are smart, witty, sassy, independent, vocal, kind, inventive, and truly one-of-a-kind, my love. I love you more than anything in this whole world!

Here are some updates on you at 2 and half years old:

Favorite Things:
1. Special Treats
2. Singing songs all by yourself (mommy and daddy are instructed not to sing)
3. Pretending

Least Favorite Things:
1. Beards
2. Sour Things (lemons, pickles, etc.)
3. Clowns

Sleep:
You have "rest time" everyday starting at about 12:30-1:00. It's up to you whether or not you nap. You are definitely more self-aware of what your body needs and you only miss a nap about once a week. On the days you nap, your bedtime is about 8:00. If you don't nap, bedtime is about 7:00. You wake at about 7:30 in the morning.

Favorite Songs:
1. Lullabye and Goodnight
2. This Old Man
3. The Wheels on the Bus

Favorite Shows:
1. Diego
2. Curious George
3. Wonder Pets

Favorite "Healthy" Foods:
1. Homemade Popcorn
2. Tomatoes
3. Cheese

Favorite "Special Treats":
1. Target Cookies
2. Chocolate Cake
3. Chocolate Milk

Favorite Breakfast foods:
1. "Opa-meal"(Oatmeal)
2. Cereal
3. Strawberry, banana, yogurt smoothie

Favorite Lunch foods:
1. Mac n Cheese
2. Turkey Sandwich
3. Almond Butter Sandwich
4. Chicken nuggets

Favorite Dinner foods (if any):
1. Chicken Rice soup
2. Pasta
3. Tacos

Favorite Activities:
1. Dancing
2. Arts and Crafts
3. Sorting things

My Favorite Ava "Quotes":
1. "I'm not talking right now."
2. "I love you to the crescent moon and back."
3. "I'm just resting my eyes for one minute."

Here are some pictures we took after we made your half-birthday cake. You are SUCH a great helper! Yummy!





3 comments:

Carla said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Sweet Ava!! Loved the pics!

4Hoffman's said...

Happy Half Birthday Miss Ava!!

Megan said...

Such cute pics. Love your list. That will always be a great reminder of these times.