Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Natural-born Scientist

Aren't they so naturally creative and exploratory? It's amazing!

A few weeks ago, Ava and I went out to play in what was left of our thunderstorms and rain. I let her play by the street because that was where the puddles were and the best location to splash around. Of course, when cars came by we had to move up on the sidewalk. Safety note aside, I had to take pictures and just loved watching her play.


She is totally in her element when she can be outside and free to explore. She must pick everything up and investigate or do a little experiment with it, as you'll see. Also, her little imagination goes wild when she's outside. Here she is practicing, what else, jumping. Mommy had to bite her tongue when she got up on the curb in her new boots (we all know new shoes = uncertain coordination) and just let her try. Sure enough she landed on her feet.



The clothes slowly started coming off, no doubt.

Here she is "swimming like a sea turtle".

Then she became mesmorized by taking objects and letting them go and watching the force of the water carry them downstream to the drain.

She found a flower.


And a stick. And then tried a rock, not pictured, but it wouldn't budge.

She waves bye-bye to them as they float down the drain.

Jumping and splashing.

Off with the boots, she needed to feel, really FEEL the water. "Brrr, it's cold" she said.

When you see the finger point and the serious look, you know she is telling you something very serious and you better listen up.
Didn't I say that she needed to FEEL the water?
Taking it all in.

Little Feetsies.
On our way home.

6 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

WHAT FUN! I love that third jumping photo and her testing things going downstream. What a little mind she has!

Kate said...

so sweet! I love how inquisitive she is!

Keri said...

oh aves... you really are a curious george! so cute. thanks for sharing that! luv you.

E.M. said...

This is adorable! I love the finger pointing.

4Hoffman's said...

I love reading about your adventures with Ava!! She is getting SO BIG!! We'll be coming down to Austin probably in the next month so we'll have to get together!

melissa said...

I am so glad you like nature too, Aves! It's nice to know a friend who can appreciate things like jumping in puddles, feeling water, and swimming like a sea turtle! Mommy and I really enjoyed your pictures!
I love you,
Pais