Continuing on with my list of loves for Ava each month, here is what I love about my budding 2-year-old:
1. I love that when I say something and she needs me to elaborate, she says "What does that mean, mommy?" instead of a simple "why?"
2. I love when she sees daddy and mommy kiss, she says "awwww". It cracks us up! Literally to the point of tears one night when she kept making us peck over and over again and each time she would say "awwww" as if it was the first time each time.
3. I love how she absolutely adores big girls. She looks up to them so much and you can see the admiration on her face, especially her cousin Abigail.
4. I love when she offers to give a variety of kisses, from "eskimo", or "ladybug" (her own made-up version of butterfly kisses....she just really must not like butterflies), or "real" kisses before bed each night.
5. I love, love, love when she wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes for dear life to give me a giant bear hug.
6. I love that she listens for different instruments in songs, particularly classical music and Music Together songs, and can distinguish the sounds made by a triangle and a trumpet. She totally started doing this one day in the car on her own when we were listening to a song, "I hear a trinangle!" she said. Then another, "I hear a trumpet". Blows me away.
7. I love her obsession (playgroup--this is it! her true obsession, like we spoke about) in talking about the "yo yo" or "radio" (rodeo) every single day; during meals, bath time, bedtime, you name it.
8. I love her amazing memory. She'll come up with things that happened in October of last year and reminisce on them.
9. I love when she's found a good thing and she wants more of it, "do it again" she exclaims. One example that comes to mind is when we are dancing together. She never wants to stop!
10. I love that she does NOT like when I have a ponytail in my hair. I mean, it can be a bit annoying, but she'll protest "no ponytail, no ponytail!" until I take it out. It makes me laugh everytime.
11. I love that she says "bless you, mommy" when I sneeze.
12. I love when she gets excited to say "thank you" and "your welcome" so that she can come tell me "I used manners!"
13. I love that she shares so well, she'll say it real fast..."Ya want some?" when she is offering us some of her food.
14. I love when she pretends to read words in books by running her finger along the words as she just talks and talks. She gets embarrassed when she sees that I am watching her.
15. I love that when I picked her up from her "fap" (faux nap) today that she was totally nakey and singing in her crib.
No comments:
Post a Comment