When Ava wouldn't go down for nap, which isn't entirely odd, as she goes through phases, I didn't think much of it (especially since mommy missed her usual nap time b/c we were having too much fun playing at the park and feeding the fish/ducks). However, what is odd is that she fussed and cried this time, which she doesn't usually do. If she fights nap, she'll sit in her crib and sing or talk or play. Only this time, she cried.
Well, I gave it a few minutes, ten maybe, and went in to console her and tell her it's at least "quiet time". I had already been in once when she screamed about having her shirt stuck on her head when she tried to take it off herself. I just never imagined that she would have removed any other article of clothing. When I entered, though, I smelled poo. I figured she had a poopy diaper, I would change it, and all would be back to normal re: naptime. That's when I noticed that she was not wearing a diaper.
It slowly started to sink in, a blurb of brown streak on her crib behind her. Ava just sitting there starring at me.
Needless to say, the crib was sanitized, the bedding, blankets and animals washed, and a little girl was put in the bath. Truth be told, it wasn't awful (as awful as it could have been). There was only the one smear (seen above) and nothing else. One time was all it took for her to realize the nastiness, hence the crying.
Sooo, mother-of-the-year over here warns all her readers: When your child is crying at naptime, maybe, just maybe, it might be worth going in and checking on them.
4 comments:
oh boy! That is NOT a milestone I'd care to blog about anytime soon! Glad it wasn't too traumatic and good lesson to heed! :)
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so hard right now!!
Noah did this right around 25.5 months old, in a pack 'n play while we were on vacation. Yep. Got the pack 'n play AND the wall of the room where the pack 'n play was set up. LOL We cleaned it all up, but was SOOO glad it happened somewhere else...and Dada was there to help with clean up, because I was HUGE, pregnant, and tired! LOL
I think it's one of those rites of passage...the bed anointed with poo. LOL
Oh Meghan! There is nothing like it! My thoughts are with you!
wow...that is one to document and remember. i'm glad it wasn't worse. love your title. you are still mom of the year!
:)
Post a Comment