Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thank You Thursday!


As usual, I was unable to sleep last night because my mind wonders and wonders. But, last night's thoughts were this: I thought about how I am not very good at letting the most important people in my life know how much I love them and are grateful to have them.


My first Thank You Thursday is dedicated to MY MOM!


Thank you for giving me such a normal and happy childhood. Only now that I am a mother, am I able to look back on my childhood and realize how dedicated you were. A mother of four kids! That alone is enough to make me thank you more than ever. Every morning there was breakfast on the table as you made sure we ate the most important meal of the day. You were able to balance a career and have, like I said, FOUR kids! I now see how amazing that is. You were always there for school performances, soccer games and recitals. We went to bed having our favorite Shel Silverstein poem read (Sarah Silvia Cynthia Stout, is that it, I get the names confused?). What is important about all these things is that you made us feel safe and loved, two of the most important things children need to have. So, thank you.


I am grateful to be able to instill that same benefits of being raised with such dedication and love and apply it to my own role as mother, to Ava.


So when you compliment me on being a great mom, like I've said before, I learned it from a good role model. You. I love you! Thank you for everything you've done and do for us!

No comments: