Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tornado Warning!

Not the Toddler Tornado that you might be expecting, but a real tornado warning. Last night, around 9:30, as we were watching the weather intently, they announced our particular location should go ahead and take cover for a potential tornado warning. After talking to my sister who was going through the same thing just down the street, we decided it was safest to get into the bathtub.

Obviously Ava was asleep so we weren't going to wake her unless need be, but when they said such and such areas should prepare to take cover, we were a bit shocked.

So, I went in and got Ava up, much to her dismay. Ryan had set up candles and the comforter in the bathtub for her and I to lay down, while he watched the weather. She whined for a bit, which I don't blame her, I don't like to be awakened either, and then laid down and passed out. She looked so peaceful all the while we are secretly freaking out. But, there was no tornado and the worst of the storm hit just north of us. So, we are all safe and sound and I couldn't resist taking a picture of her in the tub for her first tornado warning.


1 comment:

Carla said...

How cute and sweet is that?! So glad to hear you guys are okay!