Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mission: Toy Organization

I was so tired of having toys all over the house that were:

1. missing parts

2. not played with

3. not in good condition.

So, after buying Ava a few play kitchen items (to get ready for her play kitchen to be set up...I'm so excited, but that's another post!) I decided I was NOT going to bring in more toys for my child until I get some other toys OUT!


We came home and gathered all the toys in the living room. It was chaos, as you will see. Fortunately, I had a little helper that rediscovered many old toys and slung them around everywhere. No, but she did really well during this.

It took about 1.5 hours and 2 huge rubbermaid bins later, and we cleared out probably 2/3 of her old toys. It was such a great feeling! We found pieces and parts to toys and finally made them complete again.


Now, I just hope we can keep up w/ the organization.

BEFORE, w/ all the toys
My little helper just HAD to put her tutu on to assist me.
AFTER, over by the fireplace. Hey, I'm not claiming to be clutter free, but as you can see she has some BIG toys that need a home somewhere. Btw, those ramps from Parents are the best thing ever!
Over to the side. Previously we had 2 tubs and about 4 different containers.

AFTER, the entire living room that we now have back.....sort of.

No comments: