Friday, April 11, 2008

Enjoying a BEAUTIFUL day!

Today was the perfect day to go out and just play. Ava and I ventured into the backyard and sat on a blanket and I let her lead me to what she wanted to do, everything on Ava time. It was so neat. She chose to eat dried peas first, big surprise. Then, she decided she wanted to blow bubbles and loved saying "pop" when we would pop them. As soon as the wand became a chew toy, we put those away. Next, she strolled over to the swing and said "woh, woh, woh", which, in case you don't understand, means "row, row, row, your boat", or the act of swinging back and forth....hence the swing! So we did that for awhile, as pictured below. Check out her new shades!Then she got up on the overlook of her swing set and peered through the peep hole. I couldn't resist taking pictures of the silly girl.
I see you!

Lastly, came water play. I found a bunch of toys to put in there to do a sink/float experiment, but she wanted nothing to do with them. Instead she preferred to just splash away in the water with her hands, trying to climb in.

And drinking the water!
I put this picture in because you can see a wet tush! Yes, that's right, she ended up bottom down in the bucket of water. In case you were wondering, I didn't get a picture because I had to run to her rescue....that darn mommy instinct! Oh and btw, diapers are waterproof? I had no idea!

And here is the "Captain Pantless" steering the ship! Good work Ava!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ava is SO cute!!

Stella Barrutia said...

I love the shots of her peeking through!! How funny! Also Captain Pantless looks like she could use some shipmates! I wish Elena had that toy (I wish we had a backyard for that matter!)