Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Love You Through and Through

by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak

A book that Griff and I read that reminds me of him. So I dedicate this post to Griffin who, as of yesterday, is two and a half years old.

I love you through and through

 
I love your top side,
 

I love your bottom side.


I love your inside



and outside.



I love your happy side,

 
your sad side,
 
 
your silly side,
 
 
your mad side.
 
 
I love your fingers,
 
 
and toes,
 
 
your ears
 
 
and nose.
 
 
I love your hair and eyes,
 
 
your giggles
 
 
and cries.
 
 
I love you running
 
 
and walking,
 
 
silent
 
 
 
and talking.
 
 
I love you through and through....
 
 
yesterday,
 
 
today,
 
 
And tomorrow too.
 
Happy half birthday to the sweetest, silliest, smartest, most handsome little boy I know. You are such a joy, Griffin, and we are so proud of you. No feat that you accomplish is too small, that we don't beam with pride at our little boy. You are so kind and loving, yet so spunky and silly. You have the ability to make others smile take notice when you walk into a room. You are my buddy and I love you so very much!
 
Some highlights and milestones at 2 1/2:
 
- day time potty trained, though not pooping in the potty--you tell us when you need a dipe to do that biz; wear diaper at night
 
- you are a hidden pictures MASTER, can find an object faster than I can
 
- talking complete sentences and almost paragraphs
 
- riding a bike with training wheels
 
- riding a 2-wheel scooter
 
- aside from your sister, your bff's are the 3rd grade girls on our street.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 



 
.

3 comments:

Kate said...

love that book!!! Happy 1/2 Griffin!

SpunkyToes said...

So sweet! Happy half!

Bonnie said...

This is the sweetest post ever. He is lucky to have you as his mama. XXOO Love you guys!