I have to note that the first game of the season was awful. She wasn't feeling it. She was tired. Gigi and Poppy were there to watch her, which we've come to realize might make her feel pressure (self-imposed, because we always go just to have fun). But she fell twice and just had an absolute meltdown. Like couldn't control herself and played maybe a quarter of the game until we just had to leave. I hadn't seen a temper tantrum like that in years. WOW!
However, game two, she decided that she was going to get back up after falls and being run over. She told us, "I'm just going to ignore it and keep going." We never told her to do this, but she decided that was how she was going to handle those situations again. And I have to say, I've never seen her play with so much gusto! At one point coach directed her to block the other team from scoring. However, Ava was only at midfield and the other team was about 10 feet from the goal (remember, the fields aren't that big). But, Ava raced down to the goal, blocked the girl, made a breakaway, and marched it all the way down the field to score! Oh my, I can't even explain how proud she was! After the game, I made sure to reiterate that it wasn't the scoring (she made 3 goals) that made me happy, but I was so proud of her for going out there and participating and having fun. She agreed! And she told me how proud of herself she was.
Here are some pics I snapped at our first game and first practice. Go Sassy Sidekicks!
No comments:
Post a Comment